Summer School Cooperative Education Program
Do you have a job? Do you want to earn a credit for doing your job? Paid or unpaid, earn a credit for doing a job which interests you!
Start & End Dates: July 2, 2020 to July 29, 2020 – 1 credit
July 2, 2020 to August 23, 2020 – 2 credits
Credit Requirements: 110 Hours – 1 Credit / 220 hours – 2 Credits
The Course is divided into 3 parts: Part 1: Pre-Placement
There are 10 required pre-placement hours. This is done through an online Live Meeting format, and Google Classroom. There will be a minimum of 3 classes you MUST attend via the online format.
You will obtain and complete the required paperwork for the course. You will be taught employment practices and standards. (There may be an opportunity for one in-school day with the co-op teacher on July 2nd, however, that will be determined closer to the date, based on recommendations regarding social distancing.)
Part 2: Hours & Journals
You must log 100 hours at your placement for 1 credit and 210 for 2 credits. You can track your hours through log sheets or by submitting paystubs with your hours to your teacher. Regular journals and other assignments will also be a part of the program.
Part 3: Culminating
You will complete a culminating assignment to complete your credit(s). There are several options available to choose from to suit your learning style.
To Re-cap what you MUST do to obtain the credit:
- Attend 3 pre-placement classes online
- Access Google Classroom for assignments and resources
- Submit pre-placement paperwork: WEA, WHMIS, resume, cover letter, etc.
- Submit log-sheets or paystubs totaling 100 or 210 hours, journals and assignments.
- Submit a culminating assignment
How to Apply for Summer School Co-op:
Download and complete the Fillable PDF of the Summer School Co-op Registration Form. If you are NOT a student currently enrolled with TLDSB, you also need to download and complete an Exchange of Information Form. Once you have completed the Summer School Co-op Registration Form, you need to:
1. Download and complete the registration form and if you are currently registered at any Adult & Alternate Education Centre you can email the form to [email protected], OR
2. Download and complete the registration form and if you are currently registered at another school within Trillium Lakelands District School Board, you can send your forms back to your home school contact, OR
3. Download and complete the registration form(s) and if you are NOT currently registered at any school within Trillium Lakelands District School Board, you can email them to [email protected].
4. The deadline to register for Summer School Co-op is June 16, 2020. If you require any assistance, please contact your guidance counsellor or summer school office administrator, Linda Phillips at [email protected].
Summer School Co-operative Education will run from July 2 – August 23, 2020 if the minimum number of students are reached in each respective area of the School Board (City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton County, District of Muskoka).