Co-operative Education program allows students aged 16 and over to earn high school credits towards their high school diploma. Students who are employed in a paid position or gaining experience in an unpaid position are eligible to earn one credit for every 110 hours of work. Co-operative Education runs from September to June each year and is broken into six-week block sessions.
There are three options to register for Co-operative Education:
- Call Your Local AAEC Centre to set up an appointment;
- Walk-In Registrations. Our continuous intake process means that you can register at any time!
- Fill out the Online Registration Form and a representative will be in touch with you.
What You’ll Need
Bring the following paperwork and documentation:
- Proof of Citizenship (i.e. Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, etc.)
- Photo Identification (Driver’s License, Health Card, etc.)
- $25 Student Activity Fee
- Original Transcript From Your Previous School. We can help you get a copy if you are unable!
The Co-operative Education program is operational on continuous intake, which means that students can start a course at any time between September and June. Co-operative Education is available at all six of our locations.