Once an applicant has submitted their PSW Application Form and completed the Literacy Assessment, applications will be reviewed and they will be notified for a potential interview with our PSW Instructor.
After interviews, successful applicants will then be required to complete a registration form and pay a $175.00 non-refundable deposit to secure their registration spot, which will be deducted from the total program cost.
Students will then need to obtain and provide proof of the following:
- Clean Police Record Check
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Negative 2-step mantoux (tuberculosis) test (or clear chest x-ray)
- Hepatitis B (2 of 3 shots recommended)
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, measles, mumps and rubella, and varicella
- Influenza vaccine (flu shot) (in season) or Tamiflu
Upon successful completion of the PSW Program, students will receive a Personal Support Worker Certificate.