Literacy Basic Skills
The Adult & Alternate Education Centre offers the Literacy Basic Skills (LBS) program, which helps in Ontario to develop and apply communication, numeracy, interpersonal and digital skills to achieve their goals.
LBS encourages adults to further their education, become employment ready and gain independence.
To be eligible for LBS, students must be at least 19 years of age.
Supportive Learning Environment
Work at Your Own Pace
Small Group Setting with Individual Support
Continuous Intake Lets You Start at Any Time!
Further Your Education
- Improve your reading, writing and mathematics skills;
- Preparation for and referral to high school credit, college or apprenticeship programs.
- Learn workplace numeracy skills, such as filling out invoices and calculating taxes;
- Learn how to read and write documents, such as job applications, memos and invoices;
- Gain job readiness skills, such as preparing cover letters, resumes and computer experience.
- Learn basic numeracy skills, such as budgeting, money skills and more;
- Develop communication skills such as writing a memo or an email;
- Improve reading and writing skills so that you can help support your children’s education.
230 Angeline Street South,
Lindsay, ON K9V 0J8
Email: [email protected]
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm (September to June)
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm (July/August)