Summer School is offered throughout all areas of the Adult & Alternate Education Centre. Summer School allows for students to continue with co-operative education programs, as well as earn credits in a classroom. The Adult & Alternate Education Centre offers a Learning Strategies course (Code number GLS1O) for students presently in grade 8, 9, and 10, as well as co-operative education for students presently in grade 10 and 11.
Registration for Summer School takes place in July of each year. To be eligible for Summer School, students must presently be in grade 8, 9, 10, 11 as well as many age groups in our paid co-operative education program.
For Summer School Co-op:
Print and complete the Summer School Co-op Registration Form. If you are NOT a student currently enrolled with TLDSB, you also need to complete an Exchange of Information Form. Once you have completed the Summer School Co-op Registration Form, you need to:
1. Scan and upload the completed form(s) and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
2. Fax to our summer school office administration at 705-324-9773, OR
3. Mail to: Sara Miller, 230 Angeline Street South, Lindsay, K9V 0J8.
4. The deadline to register for Summer School Co-op is June 14, 2019. If you require any assistance, please contact your guidance counsellor or summer school office administrator, Sara Miller at 705.324.5280.
There are three options to register for Summer School:
- Call Your Local AAEC Centre to set up an appointment;
- Walk-In Registrations. Our continuous intake process means that you can register at any time!
- Fill out the Online Registration Questionnaire and a representative will bein touch with you to set up a Registration appointment.
What You’ll Need
Bring the following paperwork and documentation:
- Proof of Citizenship (i.e. Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, etc.)
- Photo Identification (Driver’s License, Health Card, etc.)
- $25 Student Activity Fee
- Original Transcript From Your Previous School. We can help you get a copy if you are unable!