The Maturity Credits program is for students who entered high school prior to September 1999. Students may be eligible to receive up to 12 equivalency credits from their work and life experience since leaving high school. A mature student must still complete a minimum of four Grade 11 or Grade 12 credits after becoming a mature student. These credits must include a senior English.
Students will also undergo a maturity credit assessment which will tell how many more credits are needed. Students will complete a Maturity Credit Assessment Form and are required to provide a copy of their resume and last school transcript. Registration for Maturity Credits is continuous, and students may start at anytime between September and June of each year.
There are three options to register for Maturity Credits:
- Call Your Local AAEC to set up an appointment;
- Walk-In Registrations. Our continuous intake process means that you can register at any time!
- Fill out the Online Registration Questionnaire and a representative will be in touch with you to set up a Registration appointment.
What You’ll Need
Bring the following paperwork and documentation:
- Proof of Citizenship (i.e. Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, etc.)
- Photo Identification (Driver’s License, Health Card, etc.)
- $25 Student Activity Fee
- Original Transcript From Your Previous School. We can help you get a copy if you are unable!
- Copy of Your Most Recent Resume