Literacy Basic Skills
Literacy Basic Skills is pre-credit & Academic skills upgrading that is available to serve learners who have goals to successfully transition to employment, secondary school credit, post-secondary, apprenticeship and independence. This program offers a small group setting with individual support and flexible class schedule.
Students work at their own pace toward their own goals, and improve reading, writing and mathematics skills. The Literacy Basic Skills program runs all year long, and to be eligible, students must be at least 19 years of age. Literacy Basic Skills is only available at the Lindsay Adult & Alternate Education Centre.
There are three options to register for the Literacy Basic Skills program:
- Call the Lindsay AAEC to set up an appointment;
- Walk-In Registrations. Our continuous intake process means that you can register at any time!
- Fill out the Online Registration Questionnaire and a representative will be in touch with you to set up a Registration appointment.
What You’ll Need
Bring the following paperwork and documentation:
- Proof of Citizenship (i.e. Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, etc.)
- Photo Identification (Driver’s License, Health Card, etc.)
- Original Transcript From Your Previous School. We can help you get a copy if you are unable!
230 Angeline Street South
Lindsay, ON K9V 0J8
Tel: (705) 324-1564
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (September to June)
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 3:30 pm (July/August)